Friday, December 25, 2009

Writing a Story

So I had this idea the other day. Why is it that when writers write stories about animals, it has to be comedy? I thought of writing a story of a pampered cat that has been abandoned. It is not comedy, it's tragic.
I tried putting myself in that cat's place, and write about her feelings, her fears, and her struggle to survive in a harsh environment, completely new to her, the streets.

It always makes me angry that most people take animals' suffering sarcastically (especially here in Egypt)! Caring for animals does not mean that I should not care for less fortunate people, and that their suffering should not be my concern!! Both deserve my charity! I'm obliged to help both.

So I've created a new blog, will be posting the story there in chapters inshallah.
Any comments and criticism are welcome!


No comments: