Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In Ten Years?

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I know this is a commonly asked question, and the answer is usually spontaneous, living in a suburban house with two kids.. becoming a successful doctor or engineer.. having achieved my dreams (whatever those dreams are).
I was asked this question a while ago, and my answer was that I see myself living a content (I won't say happy.. but content) life with two maybe three kids, a busy mom, homeschooling her kids (of course) baking, cooking, washing, taking the kids to the park, crying every now and then because life seemed more promising before marriage, enjoying outings with the whole family.. arguing a lot with my mother-in law, and so on...
Well.. I thought about it afterwards, and I asked myself this question again, and my answer was, I don't know...
I honestly don't! If I were asked this very same question ten years ago, I would have never, in my wildest dreams, imagined myself where I am right now.
Ten years ago, I was living in my hometown, Toronto, and suddenly, I find myself living in a country I wouldn't have even thought of visiting!
When my grandmother married my grandfather years ago in Damascus, Syria, she never imagined herself living somewhere she never knew existed on the map!
Strange, yet simple things might happen to us, and they change the course of our lives.
In my case, it was an accident. In other cases it could be something as simple as a business deal, a phone call, a signed piece of paper, or even a feeling.
Where do I see myself in ten years? I do not have an answer to that question, my life has been so unpredictable so far.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

No comments: