Sunday, June 26, 2011

30 Cups of Love - Day 13

You know that feeling? When you imagine something, but in reality it turns out even better than what you had imagined? The feeling of utter, joyful surprise? This is how I'm feeling at the moment.


I had no idea what I wanted to do while creating the setting this shot. The silver plate was sitting there, the cups, the tea bag.. and then I saw the light. It flooded in the room through the window and hit the silver plate, and instantly the whole atmosphere was bathed in a shimmering golden glow. The first thing that came into my mind was "I need frills, and a model (aka my sister) to pour hot water!" and this is how this shot came to be.

It's over exposed, I know. But who cares! I loved it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's perfect. :) Plus, I love the bokehs in the background, mashaAllah awesome shot. <3

Elisa said...

It's beautiful! I love shots that are a bit over exposed. Gives it a more magical feel :-)

Dunia.S said...

I LOVE ur CREATIVITY even in normal situations !!
I love it, i love every detail u work on..
and HELL yes.., who cares if its over exposed !!

monamour said...

the way you take your pictures is beyond exellent. I love your pictures, seriously.

F.emme said...

The first thought that came to mind was "halo", not "over-exposed." :)

Gorgeous composition, and I love how your vertical framing just WORKS! I've been trying to do at least one vertical shot each time I photograph, and it is such a challenge.

sheeshany said...

I wouldn`t say it`s over exposed :)
I blv it`s beaaaaautiful! :)

Thanks for sharing.

May u have a loooot of such moments ya rab.

Anonymous said...

It's perfect! I think over-exposed or not it doesn't matter. What captures the eyes and make it a special photo, a bright and delicate scene is what matters. I love your style.

Mariam said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!!

F.emme, what are you talking about! Your last vertical shot was wonderful!!!!