Friday, May 8, 2009

Pink!


[8/52] Pink Ink
Originally uploaded by Midnight.Silver
Pink has fascinated me for as long as I can remember! Everything I own has to have pink in it, even my mobile phone (which is totally pink!). Call it an obsession, or what ever you want to call it, but this color really does hypnotize me! My room is pink, the curtains are pink, the carpet is pink.. even the walls are pink :p
Although I’m really a pink addict, but I don’t get the whole 'girls have to love pink' stereotype. I read somewhere that in the early 18th century, pink was a boys color (ok girls don’t really have to love pink.. but boys??)
Pink was considered a boys color because it was thought of as a washed out 'red', and red represents strength. While blue was considered a girl's color, since blue was peaceful and calming. I agree, blue can be a girls color, I like blue sometimes, but the thought of a boy liking pink is totally out of the question!
Well.. I think of pink as a color of love and dreams! That’s how I see it :)
Have a happy lovely pink weekend everyone!

No comments: