Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Strange Dream

I had the strangest dream the other night, it seemed so real and vivid.
I was at my great aunt's old apartment, she was lying in bed, sick of old age. Everything around her was so grey and dim, and the apartment seemed like an old ruin that was once a very luxurious place. I could feel the memories the place held, beautiful memories that became tiny particles of dust lurking in the stale air of the apartment.
Suddenly I was transported to the time when the place was still fresh and new. My great aunt was young and lively again. I introduced my self to her and she did not recognize me. "I am Rasha's daughter" I said to her and she immediately knew who I was, I was surprised at how she could know me when my mom was not even born at that time.
The place that was an old ruin falling apart a moment ago was now bright, radiant and full of life. It was late in the evening. The place was lit by candles. Her husband came in and he was talking to her about their children. She asked me how my mom was "She doesn’t call anymore." She said to me. And with a blink of an eye I was back in the old place, all grey and dark again. There she was in her bed, just as I had left her.

No comments: