Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Version of Dr. Seuss' "Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!"

I had been a fan of Dr. Seuss' books since I was a kid, (explains why I love poetry!) and my favorites were The Cat in The Hat, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, Horton Hatches The Egg, Green Eggs and Ham, and the list goes on...
But I never actually liked "Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!" so I decided I could write a better version :)

Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!

You can think of bees
You can think of trees
Or you can think of pink bees on candy cane trees!

You can think of anything
Or you can think of nothing

Or you can think of wearing hats on your knees!

Oh the thinks you can think
If only you can try!

You can think of blue ducks
Wearing yellow rubber boots

Did you ever think of purple kitties
Wearing dresses of purple lilies?

Think! Think and wonder...
What would you say to a talking cucumber?

Or what would you do
If you met a giant cuckoo?

Think of candy ships
Sailing in red Dr. Pepper seas

Think of funny people
Racing with sea horses under the sea

You can think of green spiders
You can think of pink cows
And the little ant that lives in a shoe!

Think! Oh the thinks you can think!

You can think of the sky...
You can think of the moon...
And the furry creatures having fun on the sun!

You can wonder...
How would it be like
To ride on thunder!

You can think of jellybean birds
Living in silver nests about the rainbow

You can try and think of flying elephants!

THINK! You can think of anything that you wish!

You can wish to think of traveling
Through the skies in a ship of clouds

Or you can wish to think...
Of spinning around the world in a bubble

Try to think of dancing gorillas
Or try to wonder...
What would a fly dream of in her sleep

You can think of living under the ocean
Or sleeping on a butterfly's wing

You can think of polka-dot frogs
Dinning in their fancy restaurant
By their pond

Oh... the thinks you can think!
THINK! Never stop thinking!
And you will think of all the thinks you can think!


1 comment:

Elisa said...

This is so cute! Just yesterday the hubby and I went to Island of Adventure at Universal in Orlando. They have a whole section dedicated to Dr. Seuss! It was super cute and so much fun :)
Do you have a Facebook? If so, you should add me. Just search "Elisa McAlpine." I'm sure I'm the only one listed.